I walked straight out of the airport in Nairobi, Kenya, looked at the terrain and said, "Well, this looks like the hill country of Texas, boys." But as I got further and further into Kenya the more I realized how different this country truly is. While we were waiting for our ride right outside the airport, a soldier with an AK-47 came up to us and asked us where our car was, to which we immediately replied, "It should be here any time now!" On our way to Scott Christian University (where dad is teaching and we are living) in Machakos, we saw there along the highway some exotic animals including camels, giraffes, wildebeasts, antelope, and zebras, which I (Caleb) thought were amazing, thinking to myself, "well durn, we just got a free safari."
And another factor that is making our trip interesting is the necessity of manually flushing our toilets with buckets of water carried from the kitchen because the water tank on the roof cannot sustain enough water for the showers, sinks, AND toilets.



No comments:
Post a Comment