So, this is Tyndale House, where Brad spends his days studying, reading, and writing.
His desk is at the end of the building--very quiet.
Come on in thru our front gate...
...and thru our courtyard (front garden, as they call it). Daniel has been building teepees in our front garden. You'll see my hunter and gatherer's much needed supplies being collected near our front door. :)
Typical day: Schoolwork in mornings. Explore in afternoons (maybe 2-3 afternoons per week).
Kitchen...my sweet family blesses me every single night after dinner. I captured the moment, as I'm not allowed in the room. It's beautiful. :)
Our bedroom...one thing I must say about the comforters here. They are like one giant pillow in a pillow case (and very toasty). I'd never seen such before. You take off the outer covering to wash it, just like you would a pillow. Speaking of washing, the first (and only--ahem) time I washed ours, I walked into our den and discovered two boy-sized shapes wrestling this giant yellow monster with arms and legs flailing and lots of laughter. It was the funniest sight. There MUST be an easier way to put them back together...
Kids' bedroom (note homemade pillowcases, which the children adore, made by Grandma Lyda, whom they also adore--thanks Lyda!!)
And, as you're leaving our flat, this is the view (on a snowy day) just across the field from our flat--our very own glass tower. The boys want so badly to drop their parachuted army men from the top, as a sort of combat mission readiness exercise. I'll let you know the results if mama caves...:)
4 comments:
Diane, I thought thea" Duvet" covers were ingenious.
Making a bed was never so easy. I came home and
bought me one at Target to put on our bed. I do
still use the top sheet though. I noticed that your
flat was furnished with wine glasses too! Thanks
for your posts. I am enjoying them very much.
Diane, my desk at Tyndale House was about a dozen feet away from where Brad's is. Wonderful little slice of the world. Tell Brad I hope his work is going well. George
Still reading your blogs. Love the pictures. Love the Silvery trunks of the Birch Trees, one of my favorites!
Last night's recitation at AS was wonderful as usual. The children did great. The spread and decorations were beautiful. Just know that I felt the absence of your children's faces, which I always enjoy during each recitation.
Hailey had to linger at the entryway display and search for Torrie's face in the school photo. She misses her so much!
Love to you all!!
I loved this post and photographs. Made me almost feel like I was there.
Brandon
Post a Comment