Background 574

Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Breaking News - Boy from America Handcuffed in Court Drama!


It's true.  There we were in a dramatic presentation of a court case reenactment set in the 18th century, and the "eye witness" Daniel Green, who was present simply to observe the trial, was, in the end, handcuffed by the bobby.  Outrageous!



In other news, this blue-coated family is winning converts, as evidenced by their South African friend Werner (red and gray ball cap), with his BLUE coat.  This is the Blue Coats 3rd rugby match, and, after helping to explain the Super Bowl to Werner, he obliged to explain a rugby match to them.  (You may recognize Will Kynes, of hair clipper and St. John's tower fame, next to Werner.  Then there's Will the Scribe, also an American and friend, who was WRITING ABOUT THE MATCH...FOR THE SCHOOL NEWSPAPER!  I was ON THE FLOOR!!!  He knew about as much about rugby as we did.  I saved the newspaper article from the next days paper---I could not believe that I had been at the game that he had described--it was written masterfully.  I guessed I had drastically underestimated his understanding of the game, until, that is, the next time I saw him, and he, with a twinkling in his eye said, "I have a good editor.") 
This picture makes me laugh for another reason, too.  Notice that three people are watching the game:  the one who understands it, and the two who want to play for their birthday party.  The others? Great smiles. :)



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear Diane :). YOU make me laugh..but not really because I fully understand the devestation that comes with the thought of losing all these posts!!! Okay heres what happened for future reference...when you changed the background it was white and your text COLOR was too light to show up. SOoooo you just have to go in and mess with all the fonts and colors to get them to work with the new background!! I changed them a bit, but go in and mess with the colors to get them how you like it! Your WELCOME and there is NO CHARGE for you making me feel smart and important. hahahha

bgreen said...

Jen:

Thank you very much for your help. I love my wife very much, and I was considering what to do next--grief counseling for PBDD (Post Blog Deletion Disorder), certain medicines, etc. You have saved us a lot of pain and money. Thanks!

Take care,

Brad

Unknown said...

Brad:

Its my pleasure to serve your wife any way I can while you are thousands of miles away. I am so very thankful that you took all her emotions very seriously and considered possible recovery methods. There are many Blog Disorders that can occur to one so devoted to journaling life and its grand adventures. Please take any other side effects into consideration and give her the time she needs to fully recover from this heightened anxiety.

With Hope,
Jen Howell

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridgette said...

Hi Dianne!
Yay! I finally figured out where to leave a comment (I am a newbie to the world of blogging!) I just wanted to say hello from NY, and that I am thoroughly enjoying following your British adventures! Your pictures really capture the fun you all seem to be having. What delightful memories you are creating for your family! The Spivaks are living vicariously through you as we are home bound due to the incredible amount of snow we have been getting this winter. Thanks for sharing :)

We miss you all!

Take Care,
Bridgette Spivak