Background 574

Thursday, 14 January 2010

Ready...Set...Go






A few days before we left, our dear friends Steve and Virginia Tilleros hosted in their home the Augustine Board and teachers for a "send-off" prayer time for us. We were both honored and humbled, and seized the opportunity to practice our "tea-drinking" skills in preparation for England. :)






Can you say multicolored luggage and matching coats? Yes, we intentionally packed light, and still ended up with 3 carts of very colorful luggage... but if our luggage was not to be matched, our coats were, thanks to Brad, my forward-thinking husband!
Meet Dan. He was our shuttle driver from the London Heathrow Airport to our "new" home at Cambridge University's Churchill College. Can you see his gloves? They don't have the tips of the fingers. British. Also note hat. Very British. And his accent, you guessed it, the real deal...been in England all his life, and very happy here...so happy, he informed us, that he doesn't have a passport and no intention of getting one. Brad shared the gospel with him in a very genuine and winsome way...I so admired him...even in a state of semi-consciousness from lack of sleep, Brad still shared the greatest story ever told. Dan was polite (very British), and genuinely interested in us, but not in Jesus. So, prayer alert: Dan, the shuttle man. Culture moment: besides the hat and gloves, note the dark colors of his clothes, and the bright colors (especially bag!) of the Americans!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, sweet friends!

Wow! What a wonderful adventure you're on!! I'm sooo excited for you!

I will be leaving this Sunday 2/21for 6-9 weeks in Australia and New Zealand. I received your phone message, and hated that I missed your call. I won't have a phone in Australia, but I will have access to email (and you've got my email address... but I don't have yours! So, please send it!). We must connect!!!! I want you all to take a minute to experience a MAJOR 'hug-fest' from me!!!

Love,

Diane